Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I don't think they're buying it

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, speaking in Paris today, urged European leaders "to turn away from the disagreements of our past" and "open a new chapter in our relationship and a new chapter in our alliance." Oddly, those words come from the same woman who a couple of years ago said the Bush administration should "punish France, ignore Germany, and forgive Russia" for their decisions not to join the Iraq war coalition.

But hey, that little disagreement is all in the past, right? I'm sure the Europeans have no hard feelings.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Ah, the Ike Turner worldview veers its head once again: "I know I hit you baby, but you forget about it, before I hit you again."

7:27 AM  
Blogger Alabamian said...

Hey now, musicians often have an awe-inspiring, deeply profound awareness of world affairs that none of us out here in flyover country could ever hope to attain.

Take, for example, Britney Spears: "Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision he makes and should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens."Yes, the philosopher-queen has spoken.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Rurality said...

In keeping with the musical celebrity comments on the situation, I like the REM version the best:

"We can't approach the allies 'cause they seem a little peeved..." (From their song "I Wanted to be Wrong".)

Mmmm, politics you can hum along with!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home