Monday, February 07, 2005

Monday afternoon quarterbacking

I know you want it, so it's time for an open thread on last night's Super Bowl. Talk amongst yourselves; I'll give you some topics:

  • Are you surprised that the Patriots beat the Eagles? (If so, can I interest you in some prime beachside parcels in Arizona?)
  • Was it gutsy or egotistical for Terrell Owens to return so quickly from his injury to start at wide receiver for the Eagles? (I lean toward the former.)
  • What was the best new commercial and why? (My hands-down pick is the FedEx/Kinko's spot with the 10 elements of a successful Super Bowl ad. Any commercial that features a bear kneeing Burt Reynolds in the groin is an automatic winner in my book.)
  • Just how fortunate was it that Paul McCartney's wardrobe didn't malfunction? (Make up your own quip for this one. Frankly, I'm embarrassed that I even mentioned the idea.)