Friday, February 04, 2005

Meter reading #5

In keeping with the emerging theme of list-centric posts, I offer another installment of my ongoing site vanity series. Here's how people have gotten here since Tuesday:

Four visitors from The Short Bus.
It's a witty blog best described as a thought-provoking laugh riot. Sadly, its proprietor, an Alabama expatriate, decided to close up shop Thursday. I mourn the end of The Short Bus' too-short life.

Some visitors from the Political Blog Directory.
I don't know how many. I didn't count. I don't want to count. You don't want to read about it. I won't mention it again, unless it suddenly sends thousands of stunned, confused readers my way all at once. Or if it gives me a government contract.

A Google search for "Mac parody Holcomb."
I didn't know he had a nickname. Seriously, what could anyone hope to find with this search?

Two Google searches for "The Blount Countian."
The newspaper folks in Oneonta still don't have a website. That's OK; I'll gladly take their traffic.

Visitors from Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington, D.C.
Hawaii!!!

Visitors from Canada, Turkey, and the United Kingdom.
Turkey!!!

A Google search for "separate is inherently unequal."
A clarification of Tuesday's post: If you place quotation marks around that phrase, I'm the No. 1 Google hit for that term. If you don't, I'm only No. 2. Damn you, Decatur Daily...

A Google search for "pixelate the morality police."
That's the best idea I've heard all day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rurality said...

..."Two Google searches for 'The Blount Countian.'
The newspaper folks in Oneonta still don't have a website. That's OK; I'll gladly take their traffic."

Oh there was another article this week about the water situation too. There was even a subtitle in the story that read "Cannon fires verbal salvo"!

Yeah it was just a guy named Cannon, but still.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Alabamian said...

That is comedy gold.

8:20 PM  
Blogger John Hubbard said...

Im going to start using "separate is inherently unequal." so I can steal some traffic.


What is "pixelate the morality police."??

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh...you know damned well who those DC hits are from.

-WN

7:45 PM  
Blogger Nick Beadle said...

Pixelating the morality police is only the first step. The second one is to recruit Bowser, Donkey Kong and maybe a few goombas to engulf, smash and, uh, goomba them respectively.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Alabamian said...

Well, I thought I knew, but the D.C. hits started coming in from the house.gov domain before you managed to get your hands on one of the government's sweet pieces of technology. So I've apparently got at least two readers on the Hill. Scary, eh?

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home