Friday, February 04, 2005

Meter reading #5

In keeping with the emerging theme of list-centric posts, I offer another installment of my ongoing site vanity series. Here's how people have gotten here since Tuesday:

Four visitors from The Short Bus.
It's a witty blog best described as a thought-provoking laugh riot. Sadly, its proprietor, an Alabama expatriate, decided to close up shop Thursday. I mourn the end of The Short Bus' too-short life.

Some visitors from the Political Blog Directory.
I don't know how many. I didn't count. I don't want to count. You don't want to read about it. I won't mention it again, unless it suddenly sends thousands of stunned, confused readers my way all at once. Or if it gives me a government contract.

A Google search for "Mac parody Holcomb."
I didn't know he had a nickname. Seriously, what could anyone hope to find with this search?

Two Google searches for "The Blount Countian."
The newspaper folks in Oneonta still don't have a website. That's OK; I'll gladly take their traffic.

Visitors from Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington, D.C.
Hawaii!!!

Visitors from Canada, Turkey, and the United Kingdom.
Turkey!!!

A Google search for "separate is inherently unequal."
A clarification of Tuesday's post: If you place quotation marks around that phrase, I'm the No. 1 Google hit for that term. If you don't, I'm only No. 2. Damn you, Decatur Daily...

A Google search for "pixelate the morality police."
That's the best idea I've heard all day.