Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Newspaper and blog endorsements galore

As I did for the 2006 general election, I've compiled a list of newspaper endorsements for today's Alabama presidential primaries. Unlike 2006, I also included links to the opinions of some major state bloggers, because there seems to be a wider array of views this year than in 2006. My thanks again go out to Doc's Political Parlor for making it easy to find so many of these.

Let me know if I've omitted any noteworthy nods that offer at least a couple of paragraphs of explanation, and I'll add them ASAP. (Only one endorsement per party per site, please.) Here's the list:

Hillary Clinton: Anniston Star, Daily Home (Talladega), Decatur Daily, Montgomery Advertiser, Times-Journal (Fort Payne), Birmingham Blues

Mike Huckabee: None found

John McCain: Anniston Star, Birmingham News, Crimson White, Daily Home (Talladega), Decatur Daily, Montgomery Advertiser, TimesDaily (Florence), Times-Journal (Fort Payne), Tuscaloosa News, Doc's Political Parlor*

Barack Obama: Birmingham News, Crimson White, Selma Times-Journal, TimesDaily (Florence), Tuscaloosa News, Daily Dixie, Doc's Political Parlor*, Hey Jenny Slater, Practically Harmless, Red State Diaries, World Around You

Ron Paul: Daily Dixie, Flashpoint

Mitt Romney: None found

* This endorsement came from guest poster Chauncey Sparks, not the site owner, Danny.