Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Parking lot politics

State Sen. Charles Bishop, R-Jasper, is truly sorry about throwing the Punch Heard 'Round the World at his Democratic counterpart Lowell Barron last year. Kinda. From a highly recommended Daily Mountain Eagle story -- seriously, read the whole thing -- wherein Bishop refers to himself in third person more than once:

"I'm not going to apologize for striking him -- only in the chamber that is owned by the state of Alabama, 'cause if I had been smart, I'd have turned and walked off -- and I'd caught him in the parking lot and kicked his butt good."

The Legislature is back in session in 20 days. Brace yourself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What part of that statment is in the third person?

9:40 AM  
Blogger Alabamian said...

None of it. But as I wrote, he referred to himself in the third person elsewhere in the story, where he asked, "Have you ever read in your paper over a period of years of Charles getting mad and hitting somebody? No, I don't think so."

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Drunken Omelette said...

D.O. shares Mr. Bishop's belief that breaking someone's legs in a parking lot is much, much classier.

I'll see you outside.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home