How to help in Enterprise
Post last updated March 3 at 5 p.m.
- Continual updates on the Red Cross' activities and needs are available on a special website for Alabama tornado relief.
- To donate to the Enterprise Tornado Victim Relief Fund, call (877) 598-4584 between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. CST or visit the Enterprise Chamber of Commerce's website for the mailing address. You also can drop off donations at any CB&T or Synovus Bank branch, the chamber says.
- Tornado victims can call FEMA at (800) 621-3362 to see if they qualify for federal recovery aid.
- Unlocked Wordhoard has some news about relief activities underway at Troy University.
- Blood donors may give this weekend at a blood drive at the Wal-Mart in Enterprise or one of the Red Cross' donation centers across Alabama. Information on all the drives is available at the group's state blood services website.
- The Huntsville Times has a list of blood drives around the Rocket City over the next couple of weeks.
- The Red Cross opened shelters at First Baptist Church of Enterprise and First United Methodist Church of Abbeville shortly after the storm, according to the Montgomery Advertiser. The Abbeville shelter closed Friday, however.
- The Red Cross has erected a mobile food station off Rucker Boulevard, Dothan television station WTVY reports.
- Trained disaster volunteers may call the Red Cross at (334) 260-3984 to lend a hand, the Advertiser reports.
- Gov. Bob Riley's office is seeking cash donations for the Governor's Emergency Relief Fund. To donate or volunteer, call (877) 273-5018 or visit the Serve Alabama website for more information on what goods and services are needed.
- LifeSouth Community Blood Center, which supplies blood to hospitals in Dothan and Enterprise, needs donations to recoup a loss of 200 units, according to The Huntsville Times. The nonprofit organization operates donation centers in Albertville, Birmingham, Cullman, Decatur, Dothan, Florence, Huntsville, Montgomery, and Opelika. For more information about where or when to donate, call (888) 795-2707 or visit the LifeSouth website.
- Rural Wilcox County was heavily hit, too, with the storms claiming one life there. The Red Cross has set up a base of operations for the area's relief efforts at River View Baptist Church in Millers Ferry, the Advertiser reports.