Friday, March 25, 2005

Meter reading #9

By popular demand (seriously, don't laugh) comes the latest extra-large installment in this irreverent, irrelevant series. Here's how people have gotten here since Sunday, March 6:

A Google search for "chimp attacks."
Do not taunt Happy Fun Chimp.

A Technorati search for "Yahoo search."
I sense the beginnings of a fashionable Internet trend here.

Two Technorati searches for "Volokh."
Funny thing: Even if you backtrack later, when you call for a constitutional amendment to allow slow, painful executions, people tend not to forget.

Two Google searches for "Gerald Allen."
Sadly, I missed the distinguished book-banning legislator's birthday. I wonder if he accepts late gifts.

A Technorati search for "Tennessee gay marriage."
Something tells me it ain't happening any time soon.

A Google search for "discretion advised."
It certainly is.

A Google search for "Grantsburg urban legends."
Sorry, I don't know any, but I'll make one up for a small fee.

A Google search for "Blount County water."
Hey, if I had that, I wouldn't need the urban legend guy's money.

Three Google searches related to "Stephen Bullard" or "Donaldson Correctional Facility."
It's a sad tale that reveals many of the problems with Alabama's overburdened prison system. At least I know a few people care.

A Google search for "SGA elections and greeks at Alabama."
The Machine won again. It will do nothing. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Google searches for "Redding Pitt" and "Twinkle Cavanaugh."
That brings the score to Redding 2, Twinkle 1.

A People PC search for "sportswriters 2005 NCAA tourney picks."
Michigan State? Michigan State?!?

A Yahoo search for "'eat something' Olbermann."
If you can think of a better combination than chicken and cable news, I'd like to hear it.

Visitors from Idaho and Mississippi.
From this point forward, I'll only mention visits from states that haven't been on the list before. This unusual pairing brings the cumulative state count to 36, two short of the ironclad majority I need for a constitutional amendment.

Visitors from Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, El Salvador, India, Japan, Libya, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, and United Kingdom.
I'll still list all of the foreign countries, because I'm like that.

A Technorati search for "Singapore sex."
Ah, yes, the pervert trap works to perfection.

A search for "sex" from the Saudi version of Google.
OK, maybe it works a little too well...