Wednesday, August 02, 2006

And it's only early August

Sure, the meat of this story in today's Huntsville Times is that Lt. Gov. Lucy Baxley thinks Gov. Bob Riley hasn't done enough to meet public schools' needs for more supplies and teachers. But I choose to focus on the more transcendent theme for now: Baxley has been a quote machine lately. For proof, just check a sampling of her remarks during a speech in the Rocket City on Tuesday.
  • On Riley's criticisms of Alabama Education Association lobbyist Paul Hubbert: "Somebody needs to tell him that Paul Hubbert is not on the ballot."
  • On how she works really, really hard, y'all: "When I look in that mirror -- and you can look at my makeup and tell I spend a lot of time in the mirror -- I have to be able to say, 'I did my best.'"
Yep, it's Governor Cowboy Boots vs. Wiregrass Farm Girl. The debates should be a sight to see.